I had tagged myself with The First Born Tag for Anna. Niki isn’t my first born but I’m tagging myself again :).
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes. I’ve blogged about it here.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes. No scandal 🙂
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Excitement. We were successful in the first try and so I was a bit surprised too.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 29
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I wasn’t even late but had a feeling. I had vomited a couple of days before that after drinking tea in the morning and I was suspicious so took the test.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I somehow initially wanted to keep it a secret for a few days but ended up telling R at night that day. I was thinking of sending him an email but the internet was not working on that day of all days so I sent him an SMS saying that I am pregnant. He wad shocked :).
8. DUE DATE? 10th August 2013
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes. Everyday for almost 4 months. Specially after drinking tea or brushing my teeth
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? No cravings this time too.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Nothing irritated me as such but there was too much pressure/stress work wise so I used to be quite stressed out and upset because of that.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILD’S SEX? A boy.
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No. R and I were both sure that we were having another girl and were happy with that. When it turned out to be a boy we were still happy.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 11 kgs. 15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes.
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? Almost a surprise. I didn’t know till the last day when I was insisting on going to office (it was a Saturday) and not to the lunch R wanted to take me to. He had to finally tell me that it’s my baby shower to stop me from going to office.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Thankfully no.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Bangalore.
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Around 12 hours.
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER? R.
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? R and the attending doctors and nurses.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? No. I begged for an epidural but by then it was too late.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 3.45 Kgs
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? 9:25 am on 1st August 2013.
26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY? They put Niki on my tummy and said it’s a boy. I burst into tears, I was just so glad that the baby was out. The labour had been so bad, that I didn’t care about the sex of the baby at that point.
27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY? I didn’t feel anything for the first half hour after he was born. I have blogged about it here.
28. DID YOU CRY OR LAUGH? Cried
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Niki.
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR SECOND BORN TODAY? 10 months old.
My pregnancy with Niki was very different from Anna’s. It was planned but it was more difficult – I had morning sickness, was very tired in the first trimester, had severe heart burn in the third trimester, had a very tough delivery. I was busy with Anna, busy with work so the pregnancy took a back seat most of the time. I used to think about it quite a lot but didn’t pay much attention to my body or the baby growing there beyond touching my belly frequently, forgot to eat my medicines a lot of the time, didn’t take much rest etc etc. Luckily things turned out fine and I have my second born – my sweet little Niki :).