This tag went around on all the mommy blogs quite some time ago, and I had really enjoyed reading it then. I didn’t have a blog at that time (I wasn’t even pregnant), but of all the tags I read, I liked this the most. So I’m tagging myself :).
The First Born Tag
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
No. I’ve blogged about it here
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes. No scandal 🙂
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Shock. And then I was over the moon. Having a baby might have been my biggest and most consistent dream till then.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
The same way most women do. Suspicion over being late and then the famous stick.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband who was worriedly waiting outside the bathroom door.
8. DUE DATE?
21st May 2010
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No. Maybe only a few times and that too mostly at night.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Nothing special. Actually it sometimes felt like a fraud pregnancy to me. No morning sickness. No weird cravings.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Actually nothing. I guess I was lucky to have great people around me.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No. I was secretly hoping for a girl but was somehow convinced it would be a boy.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
No baby shower.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No. I always feel very thankful for this.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
More like days. Read about it here and here
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
R. My mom and my cousin S were also with me. S took some photos of me in the car, in the middle of a contraction. I have never looked worse in a photo.
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
The attending doctors and nurses.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes. An epidural.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
3:11 am on 15th May 2010.
26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
She put Anna on my tummy as soon as she was out and said ‘It’s a girl’. I don’t think I have ever been so thrilled in my life. Though part of the thrill could also be relief that it was finally over.
27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
Very emotional but also strangely at peace. The past few days completely faded away and I felt that she’d always been there.
28. DID YOU CRY or LAUGH?
Neither. Though R had tears in his eyes when he saw her.
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY
One year old 🙂
My pregnancy was one of the most fun times of my life. I was healthy and active throughout. And got pampered by everyone. So I had all the benefits of being pregnant, without the any of the associated discomfort. And ofcourse the sweet, sweet knowledge of the baby I was carrying kept me on a permanent high. I would be normally doing something, then I would suddenly remember that I am pregnant, and would feel thrilled all over again.